Do's & Don'ts
Things you must know when purchasing a home:
- DON’T Quit your job or change jobs.
- DON’T BUY ANYTHING! Purchase car or take on any additional debt.
- DON’T Apply for credit anywhere or complete any credit application. I don’t care if you are going to get 20% of your Target purchase…this can affect your credit score.
- DON’T Co-Sign for ANYONE.
- DON’T Change bank accounts or transfer money within your existing bank accounts. If you must (i.e. C.D. matures, etc) please contact me regarding how to handle the updated information.
- DON’T Deposit CASH into any accounts as we cannot use cash funds.
- DON’T have any Non-Sufficient-Funds (NSF’s) or overdrafts on your bank statements.
- DON’T Purchase any other real estate or land.
- DON’T Allow anyone to make an inquiry on your credit report.
- DON’T Throw away any new income or asset documents.
- DON’T Plan on MOVING ON A CERTAIN DATE!Delays in a transaction are COMMON. Keep in mind we do not control the seller or the title company and how quickly they perform.
- DON’T Be afraid to ask us questions.
- DO Keep all mortgages current.
- DO Keep all car payments current and all Visa, MasterCard and department store accounts current. Keep ALL credit and payments current. If you pay anything late that results in a late reporting on your credit report it will drop your credit score and possibly keep you from being able to buy a home or refinance.
- DO Call me before making any kind of financial move.
- DO Call me if you have concerns are not feeling comfortable about anything. It’s normal to be nervous, this is part of the process, but if you’re feeling more than that please call us as we’re here to help you in any way